"50 Things You Need to Give Up Now". I've decided to post these 50 things. Not all at once. It's a little overwhelming. If I post 10 a day, I think it's easier to try and achieve giving up these things or at least bringing them to your attention. These are things that I find myself thinking about often and trying to improve upon.
1. Give up being shy. – Network with people. Meet new people. Ask questions. Introduce yourself.
2. Give up worrying about what others think of you. – Unless you’re trying to make a great first impression (job interview, first date, etc.), don’t let the opinions of others stand in your way. What they think and say about you isn’t important. What is important is how you feel about yourself.
3. Give up trying to control everything. – Life is an unpredictable phenomenon. No matter how good or bad things seem right now, we can never be 100% certain what will happen next. So do you best with what’s in front of you and leave the rest to the powers above you.
4. Give up doing the same thing over and over again. – In order to grow, you must expand your horizons and break free of your comfort zone. If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting.
5. Give up following the path of least resistance. – Life is not easy, especially when you plan on achieving something worthwhile. Don’t find the easy way out. Do something extraordinary.
6. Give up persistent multi-tasking. – Do one thing at a time and do it right.
7. Give up thinking others are luckier than you. – The harder you work, the luckier you will become.
8. Give up filling every waking moment with commitments and activities. – It’s okay to be alone. It’s okay to do nothing sometimes.
9. Give up making emotional decisions. – Don’t let your emotions trump your intelligence. Slow down and think things through before you make any life-changing decisions.
10. Give up doing the wrong things just because you can get away with it. – Just because you can get away with something doesn’t mean you should do it. Do what you know in your heart is right.
Only 1 more grouping of these to go! Hope you're enjoying these little tidbits.